This Policy explains how Edinburgh University Ladies Rugby Football Club (“we”, “us” and “our”) handles and uses the personal information we collect about our members, alumni and supporters for processes relating to our operations and activities.
The controller for your personal information is Edinburgh University Ladies Rugby Football Club (EULRFC). The person responsible for data protection within our society is the Alumni, Sponsorship and Fundraising Organiser who can be contacted via means listed in the “How to contact us” section below.
What data do we collect?
We collect some or all of the following personal information:
· Email Address, Twitter account, your preferred means of electronic communication
· Year Graduated
· Years active with EULRFC – if relevant
· The nature of your relationship with the club
How do we collect these data?
We collect these data when you:
· Provide them to us, for example at a start of year Sports Fair
· Join the club as a playing member
· Voluntarily fill out an online Alumnus Contact Detail Survey
· Provide details to us via our social media platforms, website or email account
· Respond to other requests from us for your contact details
How we use your personal information
We collect and process your personal information for a number of purposes, including:
· Maintaining your personal details (e.g. your name and preferred contact details), including ensuring effective communications with you.
· Managing society alumni relations and fundraising
Our normal legal basis for processing your personal information is that we believe it is in our legitimate interests to do so, in order for the club to run effectively and efficiently, and as we only collect and use minimal information for the limited purposes listed here we do not consider that your own interests override ours. If we use your personal information outside of the purposes listed here, we will seek your consent to do so in advance.
We keep your personal information while you remain active within or around the club, and usually for five (5) years after your association with or membership of the club ceases.
How we share your personal information
· Personal information is not shared outside of the club and its members.
· We use University IT facilities to store electronic copies of personal information.
We may be subject to a legal requirement (with or without your consent) to share your
personal information with the University or a government agency (such as the police or security services or other statutory authorities with investigatory powers) under special circumstances (e.g. relating to tax, crime or health and safety). Where feasible and appropriate, we will notify you of our intention to share such information in advance.
What are your data protection rights?
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
· The right to access - you have the right to ask us for copies of any personal information that we may hold that relate to you.
· The right to rectification - you have the right to request that we correct any information you believe to be incorrect. You also have the right to ask us to complete any information you believe is incomplete.
· The right to erasure - you have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions where such erasure would not unreasonably interfere with the normal operation of the club.
· The right to restrict processing - you have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, where such restriction would not unreasonably interfere with the normal operation of the club.
· The right to data portability - you have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, where such transfer would not impose an unreasonable burden or expense on the club and where alternative means of provision of the data to the third-party organisation are not practical.
If you make a request, we will aim to respond to you within one calendar month.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about our GDPR policy, the data we hold on you, or would like to exercise one of your data protection rights, please do not hesitate to contact us through our Facebook page ( or by email at .
Changes to our GDPR policy
We keep our policies under regular review. If we update this policy we will place details on our Facebook page and will attempt to notify you by email. This policy was last updated on 9th April 2020.